NES Global Talent is an award winning workforce solutions specialist that provides candidates across the Oil & Gas, Power, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing, Chemicals, Mining and IT sectors worldwide. We provide guaranteed staffing solutions, sourced from a global talent pool by a dedicated, discipline specific team of over 850 staff.
(Advanced) Control Systems Engineer LNG
Contractor: EPC | LNG Terminal
Place of work by 24 month: Milan | Italy
In the next months: candidate might be work on site in Africa (Nigeria) or be re-assigned to another global location.
Type of contract: Permanent | Labor contract
▪ Perform Project technical tasks assigned by the Instrumentation Discipline Lead consisting in design, checking, validation, testing and engineering of Control Systems and Telecommunication Systems
▪ Interface and coordinate with the other Project Team Specialists and Designers
▪ Coordinate technical activities performed either by insourcing either by outsourcing
The Engineer executes the activities within own area of responsibility, ensuring the compliance with the QA/QC and HSE requirements
A – Development Technology know how and Commercial support
B – Feasibility
C – Bidding phase/Commercial proposal development
▪ Prepare Control Systems quantities for cost and erection works estimates
▪ Support Discipline Lead to define man hours and cost estimates
D – Project Execution
▪ Review Client technical documentation and requirements
▪ Coordinate subcontracted engineering activities and control subcontracted engineering documents
▪ Define engineering design basis and guidelines
▪ Prepare the technical documentation for Control Systems material and services requisitions and prepare, according to internal procedures, the technical evaluations
▪ Provide technical support to Project Team
▪ Optimise Control, Safety Systems design ensuring minimal cost and complexity in compliance with the contractual and safety requirements
▪ Prepare Control and Safety Systems supply specifications
▪ Prepare Advanced Control, Dynamic Simulation and Operator Training Simulator functional and supply specifications
▪ Participate to P&ID mechanization
▪ Validate Vendor Control and Safety Systems functional design specifications and participate to detail configuration documents definition
▪ Validate Vendor Control Systems BOQs
▪ Coordinate detail engineering activities and ensure proper installation drawings definition
▪ Participates to F.A.T. activities ad Vendor workshop E – Construction and start up
▪ Participate to Site Acceptance Test, loop checks and functional checks
▪ Provide technical and engineering support to construction Team
▪ Perform site engineering activities during construction and commissioning phases
Role description (outline the activities, competences, roles and seniority for the Control System Engineer):
- With “Advanced Control Systems Engineer – Expert” means that the resource shall have the following skills:
- Correctly understand the Process & Instrument Diagrams
- Correctly understand the process documentation and third-party package suppliers, like Process Flow Diagrams (PFD), Alarm & Setting List, Process Control Narratives, Process Narratives for Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS), Cause & Effect chart, etc.
- Draw up and develop independently electronic database
- Draw up and expand Master Alarm Database (MAD), starting from the Database for the development of the Control System Engineering, supported by a more experienced resource
- Correctly understand and collect the project documentation from other disciplines, like Heat & Material Balances, Equipment List, Equipment & Machines Data Sheets, Equipment & Machines Performance Characteristics, Valves Specifications & Data Sheets (Control Valves, Safety Valves, Relief Valves, Check Valves), Process Descriptions, Utilities Consumptions Summary, Operating Procedure, Operating Manual, Streams & Compositions, Instrument Specifications & Data Sheets for Transmitters, Instrument Specifications & Data Sheets for analyzers, incoordination with a more experienced resource
- Correctly understand the system architecture and its technical specifications (OTS, APC, MIS, ALMS, etc.)
- Carry out correctly and independently the PFDs, P&IDs, Equipment’s, machines calculations
The resources who performed Advanced Systems Engineering activities for less than 3 years cannot be considered “Advanced Systems Engineer – Expert”.
- With “Advanced Systems Engineer – Senior” means that the resource shall have the following skills:
- Correctly carryout, in quality and independently what has been previously indicated for the figure of “Advanced Systems Engineer – Expert”
- Collect and properly use the project documentation, like Heat & Material Balances, Equipment List, Equipment & Machines Data Sheets, Equipment & Machines Performance Characteristics, Valves Specifications & Data Sheets (Control Valves, Safety Valves, Relief Valves, Check Valves), Process Descriptions, Utilities Consumptions Summary, Operating Procedure, Operating Manual, Streams & Compositions, Instrument Specifications & Data Sheets for Transmitters, Instrument Specifications & Data Sheets for analyzers
- Understand, collect and properly use DCS/ESD Data Base, DCS/ESD configuration, Graphic Pages
- Independently elaborate and in quality and/or finalize the system architecture and its technical specifications (OTS, APC, MIS, ALMS, etc.) for offer/purchase request
- Carry out document revision activities and follow up the suppliers of the OTS, APC, MIS, ALMS systems
- Interface himself/herself independently with the other engineering disciplines and with the suppliers, in order to identify optimized solutions from a technical/economical point of view
- Finalize the release of technical evaluations for the purchase of various types of systems, like OTS, APC, MIS, ALMS, etc.
- Independently solve various interdisciplinary issues that may occur during the project activities
- Correctly carryout, in quality and independently the functional tests (FAT & IFAT) of the different typologies of systems OTS, APC, MIS, ALMS, etc.
The resources who performed Advanced Systems Engineering activities for less than 8 years cannot be considered “Advanced Systems Engineer – Senior”.
- With “Advanced Control Systems Lead – Senior” means that the resource shall have the following skills:
- Carried out or knows how to carry out what has been previously indicated for the figure of “Advanced Systems Engineer – Senior”
- Has full knowledge of the workflows, of the various phases and the development process that characterize the project of the advanced plant systems and their interaction with the workflows. Moreover, the resource must know the various phases and dynamics that characterize the control system and plant safety project
- Already carried out coordination activities and able to manage independently the group and promote teamwork, in full compliance with the Project Engineering Man Hours and Cost budget.
The client will provide the below support and package:
- Basic salary – depending on candidate experience.
- Initial accommodation and full boarding will be provided whilst candidates get established in Milan.
- Family has been signed off, schooling and medical care.
- Visa and work permit processes.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.