Responsible for the operation: stimulation process blender, acid system, proppant system, liquid additive system and dry additive system during stimulation operations. Ensures equipment ready for use when required. Follow procedures for the day to day operations, seeking advice and approval as appropriate.
- Operate equipment primarily in the control room for the stimulation materials blending process.
- Some operation on other types of equipment on board the vessel or at the port facilities as designated by Vessel Supervisor.
- Learn and keep up-to-date with all required products (chemical, etc.) information.
- Perform maintenance/repair of all assigned equipment.
- Provide training, guidance and advice to personnel working under their direction.
- Perform to the Quality Standards.
- Provide Vessel Supervisor with accurate usage of all treatments, up to date chemical inventories, load-out and back-load.
- Inform Vessel Supervisor of all maintenance requirements.
- Assign tasks and assignments to relevant personnel.
- Transfer of chemicals as designated by Vessel Supervisor.
- Assist with loading and off-loading operations as designated by Vessel Supervisor.
- Produce records for maintenance and repairs carried out and update maintenance system.
- Train other personnel under their direction in safe usage and operation of equipment.
- Maintain and record accurate calibration records for all relevant equipment and flow meters etc.
- Ensure Instrumentation Department provided with maintenance list.
- Assist with providing nitrogen for operations, carry out maintenance and ensure all is recorded on maintenance computer.
- Operate the high-pressure equipment as called for in the job design. This requires observing the pressures and rates during the operation.
- Responsible for shutting down the high-pressure pumps to avoid an over pressure situation. Ensure trips are set to correct parameters and tested.
- Actively ensure own health and safety and the health and safety of all fellow workers or other workers is preserved at all times.
- Ensure full awareness of, and compliance with, the requirements of all relevant HSE handbooks, HSE procedures and emergency procedures.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Vessel Supervisor.
- Ensure all LAS Pumps Calibrated, Sufficient Spares and job ready.
- Responsible for housekeeping of Blender Room, VMT Room and LAS Room.
- Any other duties as assigned by Vessel Supervisor.
Within area of responsibility:
- Prevent the potential escalation of any stimulation operational critical condition.
- Satisfy current legislation, codes of practice and health and safety organizational requirements.
- Ensure that accidents and incidents are effectively managed and investigated in accordance with any legislative requirements.
- Ensure that health and safety systems, security systems, procedures are utilized to maximum effect to avoid accidents and incidents.
- Ensure all necessary records are complete accurate and legible, are filed as per procedure and are communicated to those personnel who have the right to know.
Experience, Qualifications and Skills
- Preferably 3+ years in last 5 years on vessels/offshore in Service Supervisor/SEO position.
- Evidence of training.
- Hold all relevant training certificates e.g., current UKOOA medical, STCW 95, offshore survival certificate.
- Ability to perform duties within difficult parameters and in a challenging environment in accordance with HSE systems, standard practices and statutory regulations.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Intermediate (or higher) ability with Word / Excel preferred.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.