Aker Solutions Legal is a truly integrated global team consisting of 40 lawyers based in nine locations in Norway, UK, US, Brazil, India and Malaysia. Our legal team covers both domestic and global operations as well as corporate functions.
We are now looking for a new colleague to further strengthen our team, and to take responsibility for;
- Providing advice on legal exposure relating to tendering of work and execution of projects in accordance with Aker Solutions’ policies and local legislation
- Preparing and negotiating a broad range of international contractual documents such as complex contracts of sale of services and products, cooperation agreements and alliances, licence agreements and consultancy agreements
- Participating in international tender preparations and negotiations
- Providing legal support to our project portfolio and participate in project management teams when applicable
- Implementing actions needed to comply with contract requirements
- Providing legal support to our legal entities worldwide, including corporate, regulatory and compliance support
- Participating in legal analysis of new country and market entries, and the implementation of the same
- Liaising with external counsel when needed for local legal advice and in relation to claims and disputes.
We are looking for a legal professional with the following background and attributes;
- Law degree, or equivalent, with excellent academic results
- Relevant legal experience, including contract drafting and negotiations
- Organizational, technological and commercial understanding and interest
- Recognizable personal integrity, collaborative and flexible attitude, excellent communications skills
- Sets high quality standards, takes initiative, acts with confidence, works under own direction and ensures progress where needed
- Shares expertise and knowledge for the benefit of the team
- Thrives in an international environment and demonstrates respect and sensitivity towards cultural differences.
We are open to considering candidates with a more senior profile.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary and benefits, plus a strong work/life balance, positive work environment with challenging tasks, and a range of development opportunities.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.