Aker Solutions’ Systems Engineering Department based in Reading, manage the controls systems aspects for the Subsea Production Systems. We are currently looking for a Specialist Controls System Engineer who can strengthen our team and assist in the delivery of current and future projects.
Our system engineers work in Concept / Select, FEED and project execution phases on Projects, assisting clients in defining the systems they wish Aker Solutions to provide. As a system engineer you will be required to;
- Review technical requirements of tender enquiries and propose optimum technical solution to suit and prepare technical offering
- Ensure that client related design standards and technical specifications are complied with in execution of tender / study and project and act as a focal point for all Clients
- Generate and manage the Basis of Design for the project life cycle; and take responsibility for the design of the subsea architecture (top assemble drawing, master equipment list, hydraulic & electrical schematics)
- Manage all analytical work that supports and proves the controls architecture
- Generate the system EFAT procedure
- Provide design authority for projects to ensure that what is built is what was bid, also ensuring that the Project Execution Model is executed correctly in line with tenders and studies
- Provide assessment of system design changes through the course of the project, also to advise and assist the project manager in generating variation order requests resulting from changes
- Participate with Design and Safety Reviews, HAZOP, HAZID, Risk Assessments etc. as required.
We are looking for a degree/ HND educated engineer with a background working with Subsea control systems and an understanding of Mechanical/ hydraulic and/or electrical systems. Knowledge of Functional Safety related to Subsea systems is also required, as is the ability to solve complex problems.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary and benefits, plus a strong work/life balance, positive work environment with challenging tasks, and a range of development opportunities.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.