Aker Solutions helps the world meet its energy needs. We engineer the products, systems and services required to unlock energy. Our goal is to maximize recovery and efficiency of oil and gas assets, while using our expertise to develop the sustainable solutions of the future. Aker Solutions employs approximately 15,000 people in more than 20 countries.
Aker Solutions based in Aberdeen, are recruiting for a Customs Compliance Manager. The purpose of the role is to ensure all compliance needs of the business and HMRC are fulfilled, ensuring we remain at high end of all compliance requirements.
We need a Customs Manager with the skills and experience to ensure we meet all demands and who can strengthen our team and support our ambitious growth plans within the market.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Manage and drive all aspects of customs requirements, evolving the customs department to the next level to meet business ambition ensuring defined objectives achieved
- Establish all customs compliance requirements in the region and safeguard Aker Solutions adherence to these requirements in the region
- Understand the functional area vision and strategy using this to develop plans for continuing performance and capacity requirements
- Develop an annual functional plan to meet established objectives aligned with targets for year and HMRC compliance requirements
- Be business partner for local leadership teams, supporting strategic ambitions and initiatives, providing advice on the most cost effective and compliant way forward
- Establish and improve availability of data for decision-making purposes
- Be the focal point with customs authorities, lead the company responses to queries and audits, ensuring that the most cost effective and compliant solutions are identified, provide advice to the business on the best course of action
- Own customs reporting for internal and external purposes, including any requirements from group and local jurisdictions for statutory purposes
- Training of UK teams (both reporting team and others) to heighten awareness of customs issues and changing legislation
- Ensure all monthly/quarterly returns information is collated and validated before submittal to HMRC
- Be accountable for all compliance needs set by both HMRC and Aker business needs
- Manage and control financial performance of reporting team
- Any other tasks determined by management
Qualifications / Personal Attributes:
- Breadth and depth(minimum 4 years) understanding of the operations and function within the scope of department being led
- Ability to execute according to strategy in highly operational role
- Experience in managing team and remit of same(set and monitor performance)
- Ability to recognise, support and focus on the few critical priorities at the right time
- Understanding requirements of function and build accountability for own team ensuring this is delivered
- In depth knowledge of Incoterms, import/export licenses and requirements related to global customs clearance
- Knowledge of African countries import/export Regimes would be beneficial
- Previous leadership experience within complex organisation
NES Advantage is Aker Solution; global recruitment services provider responsible for permanent and temporary staffing services.
For further information please contact: Alex Mair / 01224 087370 / email@example.com
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.