Global provider of engineering products and services to the Oil & Gas industry, has a business requirement for a Customs Controller to join the Customs team in their Reading office. The Customs team is responsible for intrastat movements, UK imports and exports compliance and all other UK legislative requirements.
Key responsibilities & tasks for the Customs Controller role will include;
- Be the key focal point within the Reading office for all Customs and Logistics related requirements, in relation to business needs
- Establish all customs compliance requirements in the region and safeguard the company’s adherence to these requirements in the region
- Prioritise work load to coincide with activity levels, dealing effectively with changing circumstances whilst ensuring compliance with all appropriate legislation requirement
- Ensure all compliance checks are carried out per import/export and any required amendments are issued via the HMRC CRM
- Ensure HMRC are notified of any Controlled goods that are to be disposed of
- Ensure all monthly / quarterly returns information is collated and validated before submittal to HMRC
- Work with all material coordinators/Inventory coordinators to ensure they carrying out due diligence on goods being shipped to and from the UK
- Collect, collate & consign materials requested by the business to arrive on time and in full at correct destination.
Qualifications & personal attributes required;
- Previous experience in a similar Customs Compliance / Reporting role
- Ability to recognise, support and focus on the few critical priorities at the right time
- Understanding of EU movements and HMRC legislative requirements
- Basic competence in SAP, and a sound working knowledge of Excel
- Quantitative and analytical skills
- Must also possess good skills in accounting, finance, financial reporting
- Excellent communication and presentation skills including the ability to translate customs observations /take-aways into a language that the rest of the business understands.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary and benefits, plus a strong work/life balance, positive work environment with challenging tasks, and a range of development opportunities.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.