- To ensure readiness of the project by ensuring practicality of existing and new facilities to manage and optimize crude/ feedstock supply scheduling, operating schedule for all refinery process units, product blending, intermediate streams handling, supply of finished products and stock/inventory control for petroleum and non-petroleum products in various scenarios; e.g. initial startup, delay, normal operation, planned & unplanned shutdown.
- Check the readiness of the project by ensuring practicality of existing and new facilities for schedulers to handle with startup, normal operation, planned & unplanned shutdown.
- If found insufficient facilities, raise comments and mitigation actions including economic justification to related parties for corrections
- Scenarios analysis and prepare mass balance using scheduling tools for the projects cover initial startup, delay, normal operation, planned & unplanned shutdown
- Prepare procedure for schedulers to handles initial startup, delay, normal operation, planned & unplanned shutdown.
- Advise the best economic and practical alternatives to deal with surplus and shortage streams and products in order to accommodate an imbalance from startup, normal operation, planned & unplanned shutdown.
- Perform scheduling and economic study within boundary which out-of BAU work scope in order to provide information for decision making regarding the project
- In conjunction with the project teams to manage facilities and hydrocarbons to support startup activities as requested schedule with minimum economic and supply impact to BAU
- Verify and recommend optimal alternative for the operations, startup and shutdown sequence, scheduling, trading and project investment in order to maximize the company benefit under various scenarios
- Provision of potential problems from the new scheduling facilities and recommend the mitigation
- Elaborate unit scheduling start-up procedures for scheduling. Review Start-up sequence. Lead team to perform “scheduler” table-top exercises with the project team, commercial staffs and other related parties to cover these situations. Including procedure of scheduler to trouble-shoot.
- Lead schedulers, LP planners and commercial team for startup the project until smooth operation.
- Build ORION for the project. Handover the tool to BAU functions.
- Implement of Value Chain Management (VCM) for scheduling:
- Assess the gap of current practices of scheduling work compare with best practices. Implementation changes and ensure the changes are ingrain in scheduling both mindset and way of work.
- Change Scheduling from day-to-day work to strategic scheduling. Implement new work processes to flexible with market volatility and changes of customer expectation while still be able to optimize crude/feedstock supply scheduling, operating schedule for all refinery process units, product blending, supply of finished products and stock/inventory control
- Support for new tool implementation in scheduling (e.g. Orion, 24/7, Crude analytic)
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.