NES UK Ltd are recruiting for an Electrical or Electronic Engineer for their Oilfield Services client based in Bristol.
You will be responsible for the Electrical/Electronics components of a particular product throughout its development cycle including concept, feasibility, development, testing, commercialisation and sustaining.
You will apply your engineering skills to develop, implement and test components for the operation and control of their complex electro-mechanical systems.
Their tools are extremely complex as they might have to operate for periods in excess of 200 hours in extreme environments – high temperature (200 C), extreme pressure (30,000 Psi) and shocks (500 G’s) – up to 30,000 ft from the rig, communicating with the surface through various methods.
Within a multi-disciplinary team, you will collaborate with other experts (electrical engineers, software engineers, mechanical engineers, physicists, designers, etc) to design the system.
You will also perform technical planning for system integration, test and validation, authoring of functional specifications, and contribute to the development of new principles and concepts.
We require you to have an MEng or MSc (or better) in Electrical &/or Electronic Engineering and you must have experience in the following areas:
- Electrical/Electronic design
- Strong interests in Digital design, Microprocessors (both Microcontrollers and DSP’s.), FPGA design, Signal processing, Analog design including amplifiers and filters, Power electronics, Motor control.
- Knowledge of Assembler, ‘C’, RTOS
- Troubleshooting and Failure Analysis aptitude.
- Electrical/Electronic systems assembly/disassembly.
- Schematic CAD and VHDL entry
- Excellent at verbal and written communication (English)
- Capacity to balance technical constraints, cost, lead time, short and long term priorities.
- Skilled in teamwork, service oriented and quality minded.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.