WASTE MANAGEMENT/ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEER – PERMANENT OR CONTRACT– SURREY WITH TRIPS TO SITE
Our Client, a Major international Oil and Gas, design and construction contractor is seeking an Environmental Engineer with Waste Management & Offshore Decommissioning experience, to work in their offices in Surrey, with trips to sites.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
• Asbestos awareness and the regulations associated with its management removal and disposal
• NORM awareness of the controls on handling, storage and authorised disposal (RPS qualification an advantage)
• Knowledge of the legislation on the storage and carriage of dangerous goods (ADR, IMDG) a qualified DGSA would be an advantage
• Proven operational / field experience
• Excellent working knowledge of EU and UK waste management regulations
EWC classification and coding
Treatment methods and disposal routes
Duty of care
• A knowledge of COSHH and occupational hygiene issues would be advantage
• Willingness to travel (international) and work for extended periods away from home base.
• Candidates will need to hold a driving licence to apply for the role.
• Excellent communication skills
• The successful candidate will need to feel confident to work in a stand-alone role which will include visits to site
• Undertake field based HAZMAT surveys (offshore)
• Interpret Materials inventories
• Interpret asbestos management plans and demolition studies
• Interpret NORM studies
• Identify risks associated with waste management for decommissioning
• Interpret waste management regulation requirements for decommissioning projects
• Complete waste and environmental questionaries’ in for studies, and ITT
• Prepare waste export plan in line with BASEL convention
• Support Duty of Care Audits
• Support management of disposal contracts for waste management issues
• Undertake waste classification
• Undertake waste packaging in line with the dangerous goods requirements
• Prepare waste manifests
• Prepare track and trace database
• Complete environmental reports
START DATE: As soon as possible.
SALARY/RATE: Please quote the Ltd Company rate (for Contract role) or the Salary (for Permanent role) you would be looking for.
BENEFITS: Very Close to the Station.
We are instructed to only submit to our Client candidates whose qualifications and experience match client’s specification and must be to work within the EU/UK.
For more information please contact Melanie Wood – Director of Recruitment
on 020 8905 2250 or firstname.lastname@example.org