Global provider of products, systems and services to the oil and gas industry is looking for a talented and experienced Finance Manager to lead their Finance team in Angola, driving financial performance and commercial management of the company’s Angola business to support the achievement of strategic targets including cost efficiencies.
Key responsibilities will include;
- Drive improvement of profitability of the business (forecast, margin reviews, opportunities, cost of quality, overhead levels, feedback of costs incurred into tenders etc)
- Perform quality reviews an analysis, following reviews identify and implement preventative actions to address issues found
- Partner Angola business leader and local leadership team, supporting strategic ambitions and initiatives
- Own month end closing/ financial planning/ forecasting, analysis and reporting, appropriately highlighting the “stories to tell” within tight deadlines
- Establish & improve availability of data for decision-making purposes
- Support operational initiatives and drive improvement of financial metrics & local processes over time (e.g. working capital reduction, improved internal controls framework)
- Build/ manage/ develop strong local Finance team in Angola
- Drive, through local Chief Accountant, Treasury and offsite support, compliance with local rules and regulations as well as company policies, and effective cash management including forex exposure management
- Be local point of contact, together with Chief Accountant, for audits, input into statutory filings, etc.
- Be an active member of global company CFO network
We are looking for someone with the following qualifications, experience and attributes;
- Senior finance professional with solid education (expecting Degree level) and broad-based experience including at senior level
- An experienced leader with a change/ growth mind-set and the ability to adopt a highly collaborative approach
- Good understanding of cost accounting and ERP Systems, and a sound working knowledge of Excel
- Commercial experience with exposure to a multi-dimensional set-up (e.g. multi-regional/ multi-discipline, multi-cultural)
- Go-getter with a high degree of autonomy, highly flexible and adaptable
- Quick thinker with a high degree of accountability and responsibility, with the ability to resolve problems in a timely manner
- Team player with the ability to partner up with stakeholders, influencing outcomes
- Open and honest with solid judgement around which issues to escalate, when
- Excellent communication and presentation skills including the ability to translate Finance observations /take-aways into a language that the rest of the business understands
- Ability to recognise, support and focus on the few critical priorities at the right time
- Ability to constructively engage and challenge with business objectives in mind
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary/ expat support, the company also offers a strong work/life balance, positive work environment with challenging tasks.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.