a Jr. Structural Engineer you provide structural support for product & business development, study, tender and commercial projects. You can be assigned to one of the business units (Transport and Installation, Wind or Decommissioning) or work on product development in S&T department.
As a Jr. Structural Engineer, your daily activities are:
- Perform concept and detail design of offshore fit for purpose lifting arrangements and steel structures, such as lifting appliances, lift points, lift arrangements and grillage and sea fastening;
- Perform structural strength verification analyses, including advanced non-linear Finite Element Analysis by use of software packages such as SACS and ABAQUS;
- Familiarize with discipline related work processes, guidelines and standards.
You are a team player who organizes and plans the work effectively and efficiently. You are quality and result oriented and have the ability to adapt easily when needed. Furthermore, you have:
- A Bachelor and/or Master degree Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering;
- Some experience in engineering, project preparation and execution of offshore projects;
- Basic knowledge of structural and mechanical engineering;
- Analytical, practical and pragmatic skills;
- Good communication skills in English, both spoken and written;
- The ambition to work (temporarily) at yards, offshore on our vessels or in our offices.
- Take ownership (level 1)
- Result orientation (level 1)
- Teamwork (level 1)
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.