NES UK Ltd have partnered with a Subsea seabed construction specialist who are seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer with a view to developing them into a Project Engineer.
The role of Mechanical Design Engineer will be to design and oversee the Design, Manufacture and function testing of new plant and equipment.
Once the design/manufacture programme is completed the role will then be focused toward project delivery as a Project Engineer, the role of which is to ensure the effectiveness of ongoing operations within the organisation.
As a Project Engineer, you will oversee the various stages of development for projects, preparing procedures and completing reports, ensuring progression and efficiency.
Generally, the team of Project Engineers will get involved at every level of the project from proposals to operations with the expectation to attend to any client requests, including significant travel.
Our ideal candidate will be a Mechanical Design Engineer with previous experience working within an offshore organisation (although not essential).
You will also:
- Have a relevant Engineering qualification from degree level and above (preferably Mechanical Engineering, although will consider Electrical Engineering)
- Be well organised, logical and methodical in your approach to work
- Have plant design experience, especially focused towards industrial application.
- Have experience of designing or specifying industrial power electronics panels and automation systems – Familiarity with 440V/240V/125V power systems and components.
- Have experience of working with 3-D Modelling and Drawing software to produce fabrication drawings and general layout drawings.
- Familiarity with cement or concrete mixing or blending equipment. Similar components can be found in the aggregate, agriculture or food processing industry.
In this role, you will be expected to;
- Take specification and with support from operations team, performed detail design of plant and equipment.
- Specify from third party suppliers components and integrate into design.
- Manage budget for design and fabrication.
- Assist in the technical set up and operation of projects
- Assist in the preparation of the construction and environmental method statements, and other documentation as required
- Prepare technical specifications, calculations and designs for CAD documentation
- Evaluate, organise and prioritise work within the overall project schedule and client requirements
- Project manage and lead discipline engineers as and when required
- Attend and chair project meetings
Manage the mechanisms for progress monitoring and reporting against project plan, implementing corrective action, as and when variations from plans occur
Take responsibility for client liaison and account management of projects
For the right applicant, there is an attractive remuneration package on offer including 33 days holiday, 10% employer contribution to pension scheme and potential to earn bonus.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.