Our Client, a Major international Oil and Gas, design and construction contractor is seeking a Methods Department Pipelay Lead to work in their offices in Surrey on a permanent basis.
Should have a degree in a relevant engineering discipline or similar
Should have offshore pipelay project experience within the oil and gas industry.
Should have experience of the Job Scope below.
• Support methods manager in defining, monitoring and managing methods engineering activities across pipeline installation projects based on the scope of work requirements.
• To ensure standardisation of methods across pipeline installation projects.
• To provide assistance to and work in close co-ordination and collaboration with other departments and functions.
• Review and approve pipelay drawings and project methods documentation
• Ensure skills, know-how and methods for the relevant assets are maintained and developed. Ensuring that appropriate training plans are in place.
• Participate in the risk management process of HAZID’s, Risk Assessments and HAZOP’s as well as project risk reviews.
• Perform project readiness reviews.
• Co-ordinate pipelay studies. Produce CTR’s and manage the study budget and man-hours to achieve the scope of work.
• Co-ordinate pipelay tenders and provide the necessary resources and technical assistance.
• Ensure appropriate clarifications and qualifications are submitted on pipelay tenders
• Ensure review of contractual requirements for tenders are performed.
• Assist with defining project engineering organisation charts and resourcing projects from tender phase to completion of execution.
• Maintain filing system for pipelay methods area.
• Organise and participate in project design and operational reviews.
• Provide pipelay technical support to other functions.
• Assist in the development of technical improvements engineering.
• Organise site representation if cannot be provided by the project.
• Validation and verification of methods on current pipelay projects.
• Co-ordinate Client pipelay equipment.
• Co-ordinate execution of multidisciplinary engineering activities and manage activities assigned by external Client Engineering Centres and other Engineering Companies.
• Ensure that lessons learnt and knowledge and experience is transferred between projects. Identifying areas for improvement and implementing actions so as to benefit from the experience.
• Participate to the offshore critical activities to ensure their performance according to methodology and ensure the relevant feedback and lessons learned.
SALARY: Negotiable. Please quote what salary you would be looking for when applying.
BENEFITS: Very Close to the Station.
We are instructed to only submit to our Client candidates whose qualifications and experience match client’s specification and must be to work within the EU/UK.
For more information please contact Suzanne Wood, Director of Recruitment
on 020 8905 2250 or firstname.lastname@example.org