Aker Solutions’ UK Technology Centre, based in Reading, is responsible for the delivery of subsea controls systems. We are currently looking for a Principal Electrical & Electronics Engineer who can strengthen the team and support our planned growth in the market place.
We expect our Principal Electrical & Electronics Engineer to;
- Evaluate and develop the design of high reliability control systems to meet client specifications while providing solutions to engineering challenges in all stages of a product from TRL 3 through to TRL 5
- Support the Global Product Management group to deliver quality products throughout the product range, carrying out engineering changes, process/product development, improvement of procedural documentation and NPI (New Product Introduction)
- Support projects, meeting key milestones, objectives and timescales while ensuring internal/external stakeholders obtain services that are ‘right first time’ and of an overall expected quality level
- Ensure performance, quality and reliability targets for the products and systems are met or exceeded while concurrently ensuring they possess all required functionality and operate as per approved design
- Develop and deploy Electrical/Electronic control systems in a SIL (Safety Integrity Level) system conforming to IEC 61508
- Assist the team to improve overall quality awareness, processes and systems in use.
In order to be considered for this key role you will need to have;
- A Degree level qualification (or above) with relevant Electronic / Electrical Engineering experience gained in an industry with high reliability demands
- Sound working knowledge of industrial best practices and demonstrable experience in electronic / electrical system design, implementation and Factory Acceptance Testing
- Proficiency in control system design, implementation and commissioning
- Experience of Electronic/Electrical assemblies & systems conforming to IPC-610/620 (or other international standards) with the qualification of new processes, methods and technologies
- Knowledge of electronic/ optoelectronic systems, communications and networking and an understanding of communication protocols used within control systems
- Ability to test electronic/electrical products and systems using Labview (or other automated test software).
We expect our engineers to show a true passion for technology and a commitment to continuous improvement of products, process and tools.
In return the successful candidate will receive a competitive salary and benefits, plus a strong work/life balance, positive work environment with challenging tasks, and a range of development opportunities.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.