A leading global engineering services company that provides front-end studies, engineering, procurement and project management services to forge a sustainable future for the global energy industry, is currently looking for a Principal HVAC Engineer (Lead) to join their team in London.
Their business very much depends on their people; all their major achievements are team efforts. We are looking for dedicated team players who like to be part of a winning team, who meet challenges head on to serve customers’ needs.
Key responsibilities and activities will include;
- Develop HVAC philosophies and design basis
- Perform airflow/water, soil & waste flow calculations and duct/pipe sizing activities
- Prepare airflow and water flow diagrams
- Prepare HVAC DFD’s, PFD’s, D&ID’s and P&ID’s
- Prepare Equipment List and Heat dissipation List; Specification for Equipment, Ductwork and Pipework and associated Datasheets
- Undertake and compile Technical Requisitions and Specifications for HVAC equipment such as Fan Coil Unit (FCU), Air Handling Unit (AHU), Fresh Air Handling Unit (FAHU), Supply Fan, Extract Fans, Return Fans, Refrigeration, Chilled Water Package, Potable Water Heater, Fire Dampers, Multiblade/Motorised Damper, Balancing Dampers, Actuated Dampers, Non-Return Dampers, Shut-Off Dampers, Louvres, Meliminators, Attenuators and Air Ductwork
- Provide effective leadership, supervision and technical guidance to assigned team
- Plan, organise and manage workload to ensure it is completed in line with project schedules and man-hour budgets
- Ensure technical correctness of discipline deliverables and compliance with Client specifications and project standards.
We are looking for a Principal HVAC Engineer with the following qualifications and experience:
- Substantial engineering design experience in the offshore oil & gas industry
- Experience in leadership / supervisory position on pre-FEED, FEED and EPC projects
- BEng/BSc or MEng/MSc degree
- Chartered Engineer status.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary and benefits, plus a strong work/life balance, positive work environment with challenging tasks, and a range of development opportunities.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.