Aker Solutions is responsible for delivering quality service, safely, on time, within budget whilst ensuring the technical integrity of onshore and offshore assets.
Our Project controls team based in Chiswick require an experienced Project Controls Manager with an in-depth understanding of both the principles and application of: Planning and Scheduling, Cost Estimating, Cost Control and reporting, Change (Configuration) Management, Project Risk Management, and Contract strategy, selection, negotiation and administration.
The Project Controls Manager will take responsibility for;
- Management of the project controls function and personnel, providing ongoing maintenance of project baselines and budgets as well as cost, planning progress and performance, risk management, change management, personnel planning and general administration and coordination routines and reporting
- Obtaining detailed knowledge of applicable contract(s) and propose strategies for optimising income and minimising risks, liabilities and expenditures
- Maintaining efficient working interfaces with internal stakeholders, Client representatives and external parties
- Providing oversight and guidance for corporate Cost Control and Reporting
- Providing coaching and mentoring of team members.
In addition you will be required to participate in / assist with the:
- Application and use of resources, systems and methods necessary to fulfill Project Controls activities and documentation in accordance with Project Safety, Quality, Cost and Schedule requirements
- Alignment of Project Control processes with the Project execution Model (PEM) principles
- Setting up of commercial KPI’s and incentives that will give margin improvement potentials
- Project Procurement, Contracting, and Contract Administration activities to ensure they align with project controls processes and overall project objectives.
We are looking for someone with the following qualifications and personal attributes:
- University degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Project Management or equivalent project experience
- Strong orientation towards and appreciation of the importance of business systems and processes
- Advanced level proficiency in Project Planning, Execution, Scheduling, and Project Controls (including strong analytical skills)
- A good understanding of the principles of: Engineering (multidisciplinary activities from Concept through Definition, Development to Handover); Fabrication; Installation; and Commissioning
- Ability to influence broadly internally and externally to the project team without direct authority
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to interact effectively with a variety of stakeholders
- Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities
- Ability to provide guidance and mentoring for project controls activities.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary and benefits, plus a strong work/life balance, positive work environment with challenging tasks, and a range of development opportunities.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.