Our client’s Front End team based in London is looking for a Project engineer to oversee engineering activities and promote their capabilities related to all types of production facilities, with specific focus on minimum facilities and unmanned installations. The role includes responsibility for delivering and supporting the execution of engineering studies and projects in parallel with the wider engineering team and specialists in London and internationally. Liaising with the client, technical specialists and vendors, you will be required to identify and implement to the best solutions and provide ongoing and continuous attention to business development opportunities, from a technical perspective, interfacing with customer management / key account managers within the business.
Key responsibilities and activities will include;
- Manage and deliver engineering tasks within agreed timescales and budgets and reporting system status and deviations to the Project Manager
- Organisation and day to day management of the project engineering issues
- Ensure compliance with technical integrity standards and project procedures
- Assist in the monitoring and control of the project budget and schedule in order to ensure targets are met
- Help co-ordinate all interface and change management activities for the project
- Define technical responsibilities within the project – interfaces and work packages
- Ensure each project and work package is closed out in accordance with company / project procedures
- Mentor and aid the development of assigned engineers
- Working with the key account managers and customer management, target opportunities and present company offerings as applicable.
We are looking for Project engineers with the following qualifications and personal attributes:
- Degree/HND qualified in relevant engineering discipline (or equivalent)
- Project engineering experience in a multi-discipline, oil and gas environment
- First hand project experience in concept engineering, design development, design for fabrication and installation.
- Excellent communication skills, with demonstrable experience in successfully leading teams, liaising with clients and managing suppliers/vendors
- Appreciation of typical design tools/processes including, DFMEA, RCA, HAZID/ HAZOP, and lean engineering
- Chartered Engineer status would be preferred, as would some experience in the design and development of minimum facilities and unmanned installations (including remote operations and monitoring technology).
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary and benefits, plus a strong work/life balance, positive work environment with challenging tasks, and a range of development opportunities.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.