Aker Solutions is developing its regional footprint for project execution through creation of a project management and control pool in our Reading office, Products South. This role is key in establishing and ensuring projects are run according to the Global Governance, standard Aker project control tools (ARM, CCS etc.), PEM and in alignment with agreed contract conditions, taking lean principles, best practice and lessons learnt.
We are looking for an Assistant PM (Project Execution Advisor) who can strengthen our team by assisting the Project Management Team in delivering Customer Requirements in terms of Quality, Schedule and Cost. We require an effective communicator who can analyse and simplify complex data, build sustainable cross functional relationships and encourage team working and objective alignment.
Key responsibilities include;
- Provide effective support to Projects by monitoring and controlling all material deliveries from engineering to customer, i.e. ensuring that all materials are procured/manufactured/delivered to meet Project requirements and are progressing according to plan
- Through the Project network, be in close contact to Engineering activities in order to ensure inputs for Procurement & Manufacturing execution are provided as planned
- Define and implement mitigation strategies when Project is exposed to risk and delays
- Initiate the delivery process (shipments)
- Manage handover of materials from Project to Services throughout Project lifecycle; Close-out Project as per Project Execution Model
- Assist with commercial and contractual aspects of the Project including cost forecasting, overspends, risk and integrated change management
- Lead taskforces related to major rework situations and/or major abnormalities in the Project execution
- Provide support and input to Project Execution Model Gate process; Attend and represent Project Operational Status in EP&C meetings.
Required experience and attributes;
- BSc/MSc Engineering/Business Management Degree
- Experience in Manufacturing, Supply Chain or Project Management, from the Oil & Gas or similar industry
- Competent IT Skills including SAP and MS Office
- Ability to analyse PV or other type of project controls planning tools, identifying critical path, progress and areas of risk
- Effective Communication skills
- Ability to analyse and simplify complex data.
The successful candidates will receive a competitive salary and benefits, plus a strong work/life balance, positive work environment with challenging tasks, and a range of development opportunities.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.