Aker Solutions’ Brownfield Projects team is responsible for delivering quality service, safely, on time, within budget whilst ensuring the technical integrity of onshore and offshore assets. We actively promote the highest standards of HSEQ and at all times act within the Aker Solutions Just Care procedures. The Planning department within one of our ongoing projects is seeking to strengthen the team through the recruitment of an experienced Senior/Lead Planner to join our team in the Chiswick office.
Key responsibilities will include;
- Provide high level technical expertise to ensure effective management of the whole planning process
- Maintenance of the project overall planning requirements
- Ensure all relevant project procedures are applied as required
- Maintenance of overall project schedules for progress and man-hour expenditure; Contribute to planning reviews across the Aker Solutions network to assure compliance
- Preparation and issue of all planning status and the impact of changes in the scope of work and provide recommendations to the project line management
- Participation in client presentations and meetings
- Update and maintenance of the company integrated management system, ensuring system integrity at all times
- Supervision of the project planning personnel.
We are looking for a Project planning engineer with the following qualifications, experience and personal attributes;
- Educated to at least HND or equivalent, ideally to Degree level
- In depth understanding of the oil and gas industry
- Highly competent user of industry standard planning tools ( e.g. Primavera P6) / systems
- Knowledge and understanding of project planning, systems and tools within the following areas; Turnkey EPC projects, Large brownfield modifications, Minor brownfield modifications and term contracts, Front End Studies, Operations and Maintenance Planning, Integrated Asset Planning
- Demonstrable construction and commissioning experience in brownfield modifications contracts and projects
- Ability to work on own initiative; self-motivated, willingness to learn and adapt
- Excellent communication skills, ability to communicate effectively within the organisation and with external clients / customers
- Proactive, flexible and decisive, ability to be innovative and challenging in line with Company Values
- Self-reliant enthusiastic self-starter that will be prepared to instigate and deliver significant improvement projects
- An ability to build strong, effective working relationships across the delivery streams will be essential.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive rate and the opportunity to support a long term project.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.