Our client is a world leader in providing subsea production control systems. Their UK Technology Centre, based in Reading, is responsible for project execution and delivery of Subsea controls systems, including the design/ development of the full control system software package. We require a Scrum Master/ Agile Coach (Contract) to support our software development teams working on these projects.
Responsibilities and tasks will include;
- Responsible for managing the scrum and the coordination of the scrum team in Agile methodology
- Coaching, guiding and mentoring the team and organisation on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to maximise customer delivery
- Guiding the team on self-organising to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organisation and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organisation
- Removing impediments/ waste or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to support and action
- Facilitating meetings, discussions, decision making processes, and conflict resolution
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, in identifying and validating opportunities and managing the product backlog
- Helping the team report to management, monitor KPIs and applicable metrics, and highlight any issues or anomalies
- Communicating with stakeholders at all levels, encourage engagement across technical teams
- Collaborating with technical teams to refine agile processes
- Enabling continuous improvement within the teams
- Willing to provide face to face support to the Aberdeen team in addition to their Reading base
- Providing support to the team and lead by example.
Qualifications / personal attributes required:
- Experience in playing the Scrum Master role for at least two years for software development, diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory
- Knowledge of various well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach
- Strong coaching and leadership skills and experience of facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency. In particular a good coach in Agile practices
- Knowledge of other Agile methodology and frameworks/ approaches such as XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc
- Awareness and experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team
- Knowledge of software development processes and procedures to understand his team needs
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills
- A qualification as Professional Scrum Master 1, 2, PSM, Certified Scrum Master (CSM ®) would be ideal but not essential.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive rate and the opportunity to support innovative projects.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.