Our clients’ Brownfield Projects team delivers quality service, safely, on time, within budget whilst ensuring the technical integrity of onshore and offshore assets.
The construction department, consisting of experienced personnel, is seeking to strengthen the team through the recruitment of an experienced Structural Construction Engineer, to support a modifications, maintenance and operations contract based in London and West Africa.
Key responsibilities will include;
- Development of construction method and compilation of Smart Packs and other coordination duties onshore in the London office, working alongside the Engineering teams
- Provide fast track turnaround of piping repair order scopes
- Prepare for and attend KO meetings
- Scoping and raising fabrication packs and procurement of consumable and bulk items
- Ensure that all preparation work is identified and in place to allow all scopes to start as scheduled in the construction plan; and that any delays to preparatory work that would impact or significantly delay the schedule are highlighted to managers and planning
- Carry out a constructability review of all SmartPacks, feedback any issues to relevant Engineering discipline, including input at scope survey and engineering stage
- Demonstrate HS&E Leadership in line with company expectations
- Carry out offshore surveys of scopes of work as required.
Qualifications & personal attributes required:
- Industry recognised engineering apprenticeship (or ONC/HNC in an engineering discipline, or City & Guilds / NVQ level 3 in a related trade)
- Training should also include BOSIET, MIST, and CA-EBS
- Background in fabrication and construction (including some experience offshore) on Brownfield projects
- Experience with Navisworks, or similar package
- Good IT skills with the able to quickly adapt to new systems
- Ability to safely supervise work activities to completion and can demonstrate commitment to safe working at all times
- Extensive trade and industry knowledge, with the ability to read, interpret and implement procedures / specifications / drawings etc
- Ability to deliver project work scopes to the required project/ industry standards on time and within budget.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive rate and the opportunity to support a long term project.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.