Global oil engineering service company is looking for a Senior Cost Controller to join the team responsible for ensuring appropriate financial reporting and controlling support is provided to their Projects delivery centre. We need an adaptable, reliable individual with good interpersonal skills and sound commercial understanding to support our ongoing projects, we have opportunities in Reading and London. This is a full time position, ideally for someone who has a number of years’ experience in a similar role.
Key responsibilities & tasks will include:
- Preparation of monthly reporting and forecasting in close liaison with the Project Manager(s)
- Regular review of results and forecasts in conjunction with the Projects UK Finance Manager
- Monitoring of job costing and estimate to complete forecasts
- Identification, reporting and monitoring of financial risks and opportunities
- Perform variance analysis on material, labour and other costs as required
- On time and accurate invoicing to support good Working Capital management
- Contribute to the achievement of strict financial controls, ensuring adherence to IFRS
- Input to continuous improvement exercises
- Guidance and coaching of other junior members of the team.
Qualifications / Personal Attributes:
- Hands-on self starter with motivation and enthusiasm to deliver results
- Good understanding of basic accounting
- Background in EPC project cost control, ideally gained in the O&G sector
- Excellent Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Basic working knowledge of SAP desirable
- Good analytical skills & highly numerate
- Good commercial understanding with attention to detail.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive rate and the opportunity to support innovative projects.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.