Aker Solutions based in Aberdeen, is responsible for delivering quality service, safely, on time, within budget whilst ensuring the technical integrity of onshore and offshore assets. We actively promote the highest standards of HSEQ and at all times act within the Aker Solutions Just Care procedures. The engineering department, consisting of experienced, multi-discipline engineering personnel is seeking to strengthen the team through the recruitment of an experienced Instrument Designer at senior grade.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Execute technical duties in a competent and professional manner and in accordance with company procedures
- Ensure work is completed on Schedule and within budget
- Ensure project deliverables are generated via AKIMS where applicable
- Liaise with other disciplines on design, construction, fabrication and commissioning issues
- Provide added value to the development of their discipline/function
- Familiar with instrument discipline deliverables, Loop Diagrams, Hook-Up Diagrams etc.
- Review and comment on vendor information as requested by engineer
- Carry out single discipline checks and reviews
- Working knowledge and experience of design software such as PDMS, Navisworks and Autocad
- Ensure the compliance of the design with Aker Solutions procedures and all relevant statutory regulations, codes and standards
Qualifications / Personal Attributes:
- Attained HNC or HND in a Relevant Engineering Discipline
- Current Offshore Survival and Medcial Certificate preferred
- Conversant with 2D CAD systems (AutoCAD / Microstation)
- Conversant with Microsoft Office
- Relevant professional experience
- Good team working skills
- Pro-active attitude
NES Advantage is Aker Solution; global recruitment services provider responsible for permanent and temporary staffing services.
For further information please contact: Alex Mair / 01224 087370 / email@example.com
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.