Aker Solutions based in Aberdeen, is responsible for delivering quality service, safely, on time, within budget whilst ensuring the technical integrity of onshore and offshore assets. We actively promote the highest standards of HSEQ and at all times act within the Aker Solutions Just Care procedures. The engineering department, consisting of experienced, multi-discipline engineering personnel is seeking to strengthen the team through the recruitment of an experienced Instrument Engineer at senior grade.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- To assist the Lead or Principal engineer in meeting project requirements and performing all technical duties in a highly competent and efficient manner
- Overall responsibility for the delivery of multi-discipline and or single discipline engineering modifications
- Liaise with other disciplines on design, construction, fabrication and commissioning issues
- Coordinate and manage instrument, F&G and Telecommunications system packaged equipment
- Basic knowledge of design software such as PDMS, Navisworks and Autocad
- Accountable for the management of multi-discipline CTR’s / man-hours ensuring that the correct levels of productivity are being maintained by involved disciplines
- Prepare construction and commissioning procedures
- Familiar with the aspects of HAZOP / HAZID and Functional Safety
- Familiar with the aspects of Safety Instrumented Systems to IEC 61511
Qualifications / Personal Attributes:
- Educated to HNC/HND level in engineering discipline (degree preferred)
- Chartered or Incorporated Engineer preferred
- TUV Rheinland Certified preferred
- Sound working knowledge of relevant industry codes and standards
- Conversant with appropriate technical software
- Aware of latest technical developments
- Current Offshore Survival Certificate and Medical preferred
NES Advantage is Aker Solution; global recruitment services provider responsible for permanent and temporary staffing services.
For further information please contact: Alex Mair / 01224 087370 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.