Global provider of subsea control systems expertise to the Energy sector, has an exciting opportunity for a Senior manager to lead their UK software team, to be based in Reading.
Our client’s Application Engineering Team based in Aberdeen and Reading is responsible for delivering multi-disciplined engineering for our subsea controls systems and system architecture to all Delivery Centres worldwide. In that capacity our team of mechanical, electrical, electronic, software and system engineers provide FEED and detail engineering into Front End and Projects, support to our manufacturing facilities, the provision of diagnostic and fault analysis and front line global support for the controls product portfolio.
Reporting to the Vice President Application Engineering, key responsibilities for the role will include;
- Leadership of software engineering for Control Systems through the full product lifecycle from Tender through engineering, manufacture, installation, commissioning, operation and decommissioning
- Responsible for all software application engineering activities UK delivery and services centres
- Responsible for operation and continuous improvement of software development processes
- Represent software application engineering to internal stakeholders to enable best-in-class technical innovations and business strategies; Ensuring best practice in the specification, development and testing of software
- Intervention on projects to facilitate resolution of key issues technical, quality, budget and schedule delivery of software scopes of work to key stakeholders
- Allocate & manage resources to meet the demands of the business
- Capacity planning and recruitment for the software team; Ensure succession plans are in place
- Provide guidance, coaching & mentoring to all Engineers
- Provide software engineering support and direction to other areas of the business.
Suitable candidates should have the following qualifications, experience and attributes;
- Degree / Qualifications in Software or Electronic Engineering
- 5 – 10+ years software development as developer, team lead, manager
- Deep understanding of software development methodologies (Agile, Scrum, TDD etc)
- Knowledge and experience in requirements development methods
- Experience with architecture definition, performance test and optimisation
- Demonstrable, relevant Software & Product experience
- Ability to Communicate well, lead, motivate and develop our people.
Beneficial experience includes:
- Knowledge of computer-operated control systems in marine or subsea environments
- Work experience in R&D projects in industrial or telecoms sectors
- Contributions to software development conferences, journals, blogs, professional communities
- Good knowledge of cloud computing and data analytics
- Experience of technical aspects of cyber-security and network design.
The successful candidates will receive a competitive salary and benefits, plus a strong work/life balance, positive work environment with challenging tasks, and a range of development opportunities.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.