Aker Solutions based in Aberdeen, is responsible for delivering quality service, safely, on time, within budget whilst ensuring the technical integrity of onshore and offshore assets. We actively promote the highest standards of HSEQ and at all times act within the Aker Solutions Just Care procedures. The engineering department, consisting of experienced, multi-discipline engineering personnel and we are looking to strengthen the team through the recruitment of an experienced Piping & Layout Designer.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- To assist the Lead or Principal engineer in meeting project requirements and performing all technical duties in a highly competent and efficient manner
- To be aware of and adhere to the Aker Solutions values, systems and processes including PEM and AKIiMS
- Overall responsibility for the delivery of multi-discipline and or single discipline engineering modifications / project scope of works within a contract or a project
- Manage the defined scopes of work provided by the contact / project management team ensuring that the discipline scopes of work are fully defined and in accordance with the client’s requirements
- Liaise with other disciplines on design, construction, fabrication and commissioning issue
- Familiar with the aspects of Pipe Stress Analysis
- Familiar with the aspects of Pipe Supports < 1 tonne
- Ensure the compliance of the design with Aker Solutions procedures and all relevant statutory regulations, codes and standards
- To ensure recognition of changes to scope of work and provision of support in preparation of Change Requests as appropriate
- Advise the discipline lead on any requirements for deviations to standards and specifications
Qualifications / Personal Attributes:
- Educated to HNC/HND level in engineering discipline
- Sound working knowledge of relevant industry codes and standards
- Conversant with appropriate technical software
- Aware of latest technical developments
- Current Offshore Survival Certificate and Medical preferred
- Ability to direct and guide engineers and designers
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Good team working skills
NES Advantage is Aker Solution; global recruitment services provider responsible for permanent and temporary staffing services.
For further information please contact: Alex Mair / 01224 087370 / email@example.com
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.