Our client is responsible for delivering quality service, safely, on time, within budget whilst ensuring the technical integrity of onshore and offshore assets. The products department, consisting of experienced, multi-discipline personnel is seeking to strengthen the team through the recruitment of an experienced Software Developer, to take responsibility for the implementation and test of software.
In this role you will be required to develop multiple tools for their MCS (Master Control Station) and DCS (Distributed Control System) integration, ensuring the quality of the design and implementation and that the work is performed within agreed budgets and time-scales and in accordance with company procedures. The tools and applications you will create will utilize open source libraries for Allen Bradley PLCs.
Key responsibilities and activities will include;
- Writing efficient and maintainable code with extensive test coverage; transforming user stories into functional code
- Developing tools to read data from a server and create matching cross referenced XML data files
- Developing tools to read data from a system over a network and create CSV configuration files
- Actively contributing to software deliveries through working in a professional software engineering environment (with source control, continuous integration and deployment)
- Determining operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions
- Identifying processes and patterns of work areas and recommending procedures to improve standardization and consistency of approach
- Producing documentation for assigned work scopes within the SAP document approval cycle.
We are seeking a Software Developer with significant experience in Software Development. You should be familiar with Agile development methodologies and have experience with C++. Previous experience with OPC UA Client & Server, PLCs/ Rockwell Ethernet/IP, XML, and Linux Development Environment is preferred. You should also have excellent communication skills, enjoy working in teams, supporting others and sharing knowledge – and be a life-long learner, curious about new technologies.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive rate and the opportunity to support an innovative project.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.