The UK engineering team of this global oil services provider, are responsible for providing operational support to clients’ assets in the North Sea and supporting locations around the globe. We need problem-resolution orientated engineers, capable of understanding our clients technical challenges, converting them to commercially viable solutions whilst driving our commitments to deliver and provide a value add contribution to customers.
Software engineers will be required to manage the development, implementation, test, and maintenance of software development work.
Key accountabilities will include;
- Ensure allocated work scopes are produced within budget and timescale; monitor and report current status
- Work offsite/offshore/overseas as the role requires
- Identify processes and patterns of work areas and recommend procedures to improve standardisation and consistency of approach
- Monitor trends and new products in the marketplace, which could benefit the company, and recommend to Manager/Lead Engineer
- Identify and implement technical solutions to suit project and company needs.
Suitable candidates should possess the following qualifications and personal attributes;
- Degree or HNC/HND with relevant industry experience required
- Understanding of development & programming of various PLC platforms (Rockwell, Siemens, GE Fanuc ect) and SCADA & HMI platforms (ICONICS, Wonderware, VTS, Factory Talk ect)
- Understanding of software development for redundant solutions
- Understanding of TCP/IP and serial comms
- Knowledge of networking and communication protocols, OPC DA UA, Modbus RTU, Modbus TCP/IP etc
- Understanding/experience of software version control, experience of test methodologies and experience of software development processes
The successful candidates will receive a competitive salary and benefits, plus a strong work/life balance, positive work environment with challenging tasks, and a range of development opportunities.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.