<Our client have been developing and delivering high quality engineering products and service solutions to the subsea oil and gas industry since the company was founded in 2007. Now, as a result of continued success in the subsea integrity management field and diversification initiatives in other industries, a new opportunity has arisen for a Software Engineer to work in their software team in Aberdeen. The position will provide an excellent opportunity for a creative and talented individual with the drive to make a real contribution to the growth of the business.
The Software Engineer will work within a small software team and will have the following:
• Design and development of new product offerings.
• Integration of new features to existing applications.
• Work closely with the hardware development team.
• Issue tracking and bug fixing.
• Producing high quality software documentation.
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
As a minimum the successful candidate will have the following Qualification:-
• A 2:1 degree or equivalent qualification in Software Engineering, Computer Science or other related subject.
• 2+ years’ experience in related position.
• Excellent knowledge and experience of the following programming languages or technologies:-
o Server: Java, C++
o Web: HTML5, CSS3, Spring, JQuery, Angular.js
o Cloud: Azure, AWS
o Protocols: RESTful API, JSON, XML, SOAP
o Databases: SQL, Hadoop, MongoDB, Cassandra, Neo4J
• Good understanding of the software development life cycle.
• Experience of Agile methodologies (Scrum and TDD)
Desirable Experience (not essential):-
• Familiarity with machine learning and data mining technologies.
• Experience working with automation server (e.g. Jenkins, Bamboo)
• Experience in mobile development: Java, Swift, objective, C++
• Knowledge of embedded development in C/C++
The following Personal Qualities are desirable for fulfilling the role:-
• Fluent in the English language, with strong communication skills both written and oral.
• Experience of understanding client requirements and translating them into software applications.
• Able to work both individually and as part of a team
• Willing to broaden knowledge across a number of products (software & hardware)
• Must be capable of multi-tasking and working to agreed schedules
• Enthusiastic and innovative in finding solutions
• Understand the commercial implications with respect to finding technical solutions
• Desire to travel, meet with clients & present/promote technical capability of the company