Our Client delivers full EPC management solutions to the Oil & Gas industry and focuses on Midstream and Transmission markets. They operate in a very fast-paced business with a great culture and flexible working environment. Through continued growth, expansion and project wins, they have an excellent opportunity for a Senior SCADA Engineer to join its thriving Houston office.
Independently performs engineering activities related to all phases of a typical enterprise SCADA system lifecycle, including turnkey design, systems integration, construction support, operational support, and design enhancements required to improve system functionality.
- Develop turnkey designs and provide Client operational support for enterprise SCADA systems.
- Configure, update, and troubleshoot SCADA systems, relational databases, business data interfaces, and supporting infrastructure such as servers and operating systems.
- Design HMI screens, dashboards, trends, and analytical data reports.
- Develop maintenance schedules typical to a SCADA system such as point and alarm audits, historian thinning and other system maintenance tasks.
- Assist with design, maintenance, documentation and support of network communications with remote operating sites.
- Evaluate and test new software products.
- Participate in system commissioning and startup activities, or other field assignments as required. Expected travel is 25%.
- BS (or higher) degree in Engineering or Computer/Information Science.
- 6+ years’ experience with CygNet (preferred), OASyS and/or ClearSCADA SCADA platforms.
- 6+ years’ experience with OSI PI (preferred), SQL Server and/or MySQL relational databases.
- Proficient in the development of analytical data reports.
- Strong working knowledge of standard industrial protocols such as Modbus, Ethernet/IP, ROC Ethernet, or OPC.
- Knowledge and understanding of good project management practices related to project initiation, planning, execution, and cost controls.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.