Job Function: Engineering/Technology
The Designer/Design Engineer role shall be part of the Engineering team and shall be working on either New Product Design, Product Structuring and Maintenance or Project Execution.
The Designer demonstrates leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes for an area or business segment. In this role you will utilise your experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals.
• Lead and coordinate designer’s activities, establish functional and new drafting processes and product standardization templates, system / product definition, drawings, specifications, and BoMs using specific or establishing new design tools.
• Independently perform most design assignments.
• Assign contracts to designer and regulate workload levelling for the drawing fulfilment.
• Coordinate drawing checking methods and monitor designer checking schedules. Responsible for the technical development of part of a job (requisition) or part of a new project (NPI).
• Ensure appropriate documentation (layout, spec, design assy / stack-up / specification studies, BoMs).
• Interface with PE or Program Manager, DE, Testing, Sourcing, Quality and Manufacturing and interface with component / system vendors.
• Coordinate and control the activities performed by external resources related to the assigned job.
• Ensure expected results in term of quality, execution time, and cost (within control).
• Use of design tools (like 2D / 3D CAD (AC / ProE / UG), Excel, and in-house design calculations).
• HND or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with proven experience as a designer)
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering is preferred
• Prior experience as a Designer with at least six full projects successfully completed is preferred.
• Knowledge of using design CAD tools and demonstrated experience in using Creo and or Team center experience preferred.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.